Youth Specialist - Palm Lane
Location: 2043 N. 64th Dr. Phoenix, AZ 85035 (PhoenixClub)
Other locations also available!
We are hiring for Year-Round positions!
Morning & Afternoon shift options during summer; Monday-Friday afternoons during the school year
Get ready for a fast-paced work environment that allows you to bring your passion, innovate and have FUN! At the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley, our trained and talented team members create a safe place for kids outside of school hours and help youth achieve their highest potential.
Youth Development Specialists plan, implement, supervise, and coordinate activities for kids and teens at our Clubhouses. Think half-court youth basketball games, a photography class, or a science activity!
- Facilitates programming in various areas of the Club (arts, gym, etc)
- Manages administrative duties to include: calendars, lesson plans, pre/post testing, roster keeping and participation tracking
- Ensures the safety of all members and ensures proper documentation is completed
- Assists with the food program as needed
- Transports youth and/or teens to various club locations via BGCAZ vehicles (preferred, but not required for all positions!)
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Must maintain or obtain a CPR and 1st Aid certification within 90 days of employment
- Experience working with youth or teens in activities or programming
- Experience in child care a plus
- Ability to manage small and large groups of youth
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and approved Motor Vehicle Record
Perks & Benefits
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Bonus Time Off: Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley closes down operations during the December holidays and offers a bonus week of time off!
- Access to HealthiestYou Teledoc healthcare plan virtual care 24/7 for $15/month
- Planet Fitness Gym Membership at no cost! (after 90 days of employment)
- $1,000.00 Annual Tuition Reimbursement (available after 1 year of employment)
- Boys & Girls Club of the Valley Programming Fees Waived for children of employees*
- Paid Training
- Advancement Opportunities
- Sports & Entertainment tickets occasionally provided at no cost when available
*Waived membership fees apply to year-round staff AND summer seasonal staff! Note: Some fees not waived I.e. field trip expenses, sports league expenses, transportation, supplies etc.
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that offers affordable after-school and summer programming for 16,000 young people in grades K-12. At Clubs across the Valley, BGCAZ provides award-winning programs designed to change the lives of young people. There is a reason BGCAZ is the largest childcare provider in the Valley: Parents trust BGCAZ to provide a safe, positive, fun environment for their kids out-of-school time.
Key Words: youth; children; kids; child care; childcare; youth development; club; youth specialist; youth worker; youth development specialist; teen specialist; youth programs; youth activities; teens