Program Director - Glendale
LOCATION: 4730 W Grovers Ave, Glendale, AZ 85308
DIRECT REPORTS: Youth Development Specialists
The Program Director is responsible for developing programs, activities, and services that prepare youth for success by creating a safe and positive Branch environment that facilitates achievement and results in designated outcomes. Responsibilities include: Branch operations, program management, supervision of staff, members, volunteers, and facility.
- Manages Program supply budget and administration in accordance with accounting policies and procedures
- Supports Organizational membership goals to include recruitment, retention, and attendance
- Cultivates collaborative relationships with community partners
- Directs supervision of members and staff during operating hours including opening and closing the Branch
- Oversee the implementation, planning, development, and evaluation of Branch programs
- Ensures required documents and reports are completed in a timely manner
- Fulfills Human Resources functions including hiring practices and employee management
- Manages staff hours to budget and policy. Ensure time cards are completed and correct
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- Must possess a HS diploma or equivalency certificate and 6 months work related Supervisory experience
- Must obtain/maintain a current CPR, First Aid, and Food Handler’s Certification (within first 90 days of employment)
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY and SKILLS
- Knowledge of high-quality youth development practices
- Understanding of adult learning techniques, facilitation and youth development practices
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and company policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain and cultivate excellent community relationships and possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to interact effectively and communicate (in writing and orally) with a variety of members, local government entities, neighborhood groups, agencies, schools and volunteers. Must also have the ability to effectively communicate with and maintain productive and effective working relationships with organization staff and management in accomplishing goals and objectives
- Ability to represent and make presentations to Board and other service/business/community groups
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to articulate for giving, serve as an ambassador, engage in relationship building and promote philanthropy
- Ability to support the efficiency of volunteers and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operations
- Ability to articulate FFI, BGC’s approach to positive youth development, principles of program planning & delivery, and Branch planning and assessment
WORKING CONDITIONS and DRIVING
- Travel between Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley branches and schools as needed
BENEFITS & PAID TIME OFF
- Vacation & Sick Pay. (Vacation time is uploaded at the beginning of the fiscal year* – there is no waiting period to use it!)
- Eleven (11) Paid Holidays
- Bonus paid time off 12/27/21-12/31/21 (holiday closure)- Comprehensive Benefits Package w/ Options for Family Coverage:
- 100% Employer-Paid Benefits for Full-Time Employees: Basic Life Insurance and AD&D, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Basic Dental plan.
- Partial Employer-Paid Benefits: Several medical coverage options, HSA, prescription drug coverage, enhanced Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, additional Life Insurance options, Teledoc plan.
- $2,000.00 Annual Tuition Reimbursement (available after 1 year of employment)
- Boys & Girls Club of the Valley Programming Fees Waived for children of employees (for summer, after-school, and school breaks)
- Paid Training
- Advancement Opportunities
- Access to Lifemart, for Employee Discounts on travel, home, auto, electronics and more
- Sports & Entertainment tickets occasionally provided at no cost when available
EXPECTATION of EXCELLENCE
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley supports a culture of excellence in all we do and all employees are expected to reflect these values in their daily responsibilities. To be sure we meet our obligations for high performance in all areas, we organize our goals and efforts under these five Pillars of Excellence:
Every decision and action is driven to serve our youth and teens.
We thrive on collaboration and believe we can achieve greatness together.
We lead with integrity and own our actions, decisions and commitments.
We are creative problem solvers always looking to learn and improve.
We strive for energizing integration of work and home and support a healthy lifestyle to model for our Club Kids