Our technicians are tasked with working on refrigeration, ventilation, cooling and heating systems. HVAC technicians must be ready to repair, install or maintain all heating and cooling systems in our Branch building(s).
- Maintain, install, and repair heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance to increase the longevity of package rooftop unit HVAC systems ranging from 3 ton to 15 ton.
- Provide regularly scheduled filter changes for A/C equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues with a current system as they are noticed and make necessary repairs.
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools and adjust system settings to keep temperature comfortable in buildings.
- Troubleshoot existing thermostats and or energy management system and determine if there is a mechanical issue or a controls issue.
- Travel to different branch building locations throughout the day and determine problems in order to repair or replace the A/C system and advise best course of action within the Facilities Department.
- Categorize and organize inventory to limit unnecessary losses to the company. Ability to organize and prioritize time a must.
- Move to and from each job quickly to maximize your time during the day and ensure that as many branch locations are helped.
- Develop scheduled PM program for HVAC units for branch network.
- Able to assist Facilities Technicians when there is a need to help with handyman needs at branches.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Certification or associate’s degree from an HVAC program at a technical school
- Valid Arizona driver’s license. Must meet BGCAZ insurance requirements to drive company vehicles.
- Required state licensing for HVAC technicians showing state exams were passed
- Apprenticeship under a journeyperson for three to five years
- On the job training or experience
- Special certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants a must.
Service – Every decision and action is driven to serve our youth and teens
Teamwork – We achieve greatness together through collaboration
Accountability - We lead with integrity and own our actions, decisions and commitments
Innovation - We are creative problem solvers always looking to learn and improve
Healthy Lifestyle - We model physical, mental and emotional well-being