TITLE: FACILITIES SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
STATUS FULL TIME
Under general supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, this position has the main responsibilities of performing routine maintenance work on BGCAZ building and facilities in areas such as plumbing repair, dry-wall repair, custodial maintenance, ceiling tile replacement, painting, carpentry, remodeling tasks and generator inspection and other building trades. Facilities Specialist also performs preventative maintenance and minor repair duties involving pneumatic, plumbing systems, water lines and assist trade staff in, door repair along with HVAC and electrical maintenance repairs and maintenance. An employee in this class may be assigned to other maintenance duties in the assigned Department.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum one year experience in facility maintenance or handyman experience.
- Thorough knowledge of general commercial/public facility maintenance
- Understanding of preventive maintenance practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Must satisfy requirements to be an approved driver under BGCMP vehicle insurance
- Physically able to move heavy objects and work from heights using ladders
- Valid Arizona Driver's License and approved Motor Vehicle Record
BENEFITS & PAID TIME OFF
- Vacation & Sick Pay. (Vacation time is uploaded at the beginning of the fiscal year* – there is no waiting period to use it!)
- Eleven (11) Paid Holidays
- Bonus paid time during the December holidays
- Comprehensive Benefits Package w/ Options for Family Coverage:
- 100% Employer-Paid Benefits for Full-Time Employees: Basic Life Insurance and AD&D, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Basic Dental plan.
- Partial Employer-Paid Benefits: Several medical coverage options, HSA, prescription drug coverage, enhanced Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, additional Life Insurance options, Teledoc plan.
- $2,000.00 Annual Tuition Reimbursement (available after 1 year of employment)
- Boys & Girls Club of the Valley Programming Fees Waived for children of employees (for summer, after-school, and school breaks)
- Paid Training
- Advancement Opportunities
- Access to Lifemart, for Employee Discounts on travel, home, auto, electronics and more
- Sports & Entertainment tickets occasionally provided at no cost when available
Key Words: maintenance; facilities; facilities tech; technician; maintenance assistant; facilities assistant; facilities specialist; maintenance specialist