Director of Facilities
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
DIVISION: Club Operations
DIRECT REPORTS: Facilities Specialists
- The Director of Facilities is responsible for hiring, training and supervising the Facilities team.
- Developing/identifying, implementing, and monitoring systems pertaining to capital replacements and daily maintenance.
- Participating and managing the selection of contractors and contract negotiations.
- Assisting with managing various stages of building construction, repairs and renovations.
- Will be responsible for developing, maintaining and controlling facility and maintenance department budgets, projects and deadlines.
- Supervises, inspects and participates in the inside and outside maintenance of the building while complying with all standards and safety procedures
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervises and evaluates all Maintenance staff regularly to ensure program quality and consistency
- Develops, manages and controls facility and maintenance department budget
- Ensures that facility, equipment and supplies are maintained in an orderly and safe manner
- Assists with managing all stages of new construction, capital remodels, and repairs
- Establishes criteria and scope of work for RFPs
- Negotiates, recommends for approval, and manages contractor service agreements for facility and equipment maintenance
- Complies with all federal and state laws and statutes
- Assists with identification and acquisition of new vehicles
- Monitors utility usage at all facilities, develops and implements ideas to reduce energy costs
- Maintains positive relations and communications with Boys & Girls Clubs staff, administrators, board and donors
- Act as liaison between the sites and the subcontracted custodial services
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalency certificate and 3 years Supervisory experience in maintenance and/or plant operations
- Experience with city permits and codes
- Knowledge and experience in budgeting and cost control procedures
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and meet insurance requirements for approved driver status
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY and SKILLS
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and company policies and procedures
- Ability to work flexible hours and commute to clubs and job sites as required
- Familiarity with principles and practices of Management
- Ability to interact effectively and communicate (in writing and orally) with a variety of members, local government entities, neighborhood groups, agencies, schools and volunteers. Must also have the ability to effectively communicate with and maintain productive and effective working relationships with organization staff and management in accomplishing goals and objectives
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and management
- Ability to articulate for giving, serve as an ambassador, engage in relationship building and promote philanthropy
- Ability to support the efficiency of Volunteers and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operations
WORKING CONDITIONS and DRIVING
- Travel between Boys & Girls Club of the Valley site and schools and various field trip sites as well as in the community is required. Must meet the insurance standards of Boys & Girls Club of the Valley
- Work is performed in the community as well as an office setting
- Evening or weekend hours required on an as needed basis
EXPECTATION of EXCELLENCE
Boys & Girls Club of the Valley supports a culture of excellence in all we do and all employees are expected to reflect these values in their daily responsibilities. To be sure we meet our obligations for high performance in all areas, we organize our goals and efforts under these five Pillars of Excellence:
Every decision and action is driven to serve our youth and teens.
We thrive on collaboration and believe we can achieve greatness together.
We lead with integrity and own our actions, decisions and commitments.
We are creative problem solvers always looking to learn and improve.
We strive for energizing integration of work and home and support a healthy lifestyle to model for our Club Kids