LOCATION: 4309 E. Belleview St. Phoenix, AZ 85008
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Communications & External Affairs
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
The Digital Content Manager will work to grow BGCAZ’s visibility, influence and membership through the creation and delivery of compelling media across multiple media channels. This opportunity is fast-paced and challenging and requires versatility and ability to assist in the creation of content, both through strategic planning and real-time content creation. This position supports all aspects of the organization’s communications, public relations, advocacy, resource development, and operations.
- Writes edits, and produces communications for e-newsletters, blogs, marketing materials and content for print, web, and social media with the marketing team
- Works with Senior Leadership Team to position BGCAZ as a leading voice for youth in the community through concise, authentic messaging that engages current and prospective donors, partners and members
- Leads in producing and scheduling engaging content for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Strong copywriting skills with a fun, engaging voice
- Creative eye with good judgement for sharing news, stories and events about BGCAZ
- Working knowledge of graphic design applications such as WordPress, InDesign, and the Adobe Creative Suite to design and produce graphics for online and print channels
- Ensures that online and printed materials reflect BGCAZ’s mission, brand, messaging, and tone.
- Creates and edits simple video content created in and with Club staff/event team for sharing
- Supports production and posting of all digital content including, but not limited to: video livestreams, blog posts, podcasts, infographics and downloadable PDFs
- Assists in the development and support of public relations, advocacy, social media, marketing campaigns that raise the visibility of BGCAZ, create buzz, and enhance donor and member engagement
- Implements marketing campaigns as it relates to email marketing and social media strategies with the goal to increase membership and donation conversions (paid and organic)
- Utilizes data analysis to drive content strategy
- Works on strategic nurture campaigns.
- Works with the teams to build long-term social and digital media strategies and campaigns to increase overall engagement and brand awareness.
- Analyzes data and trends to strategically target new marketing opportunities and support successful ongoing creative and marketing efforts
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications and/or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in social media, video or digital media
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite Programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY and SKILLS
- BGCAZ uses Office Suite tools, Basecamp, WordPress, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Google Grants, and Raiser’s Edge
- Creative and strategic in nature with the ability to think outside the box and articulate “big ideas”
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills and interpersonal relations
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Copywriting experience preferred
- Fundraising knowledge preferred, but not required
WORKING CONDITIONS and DRIVING
- Assists in the planning and production of BGCAZ’s live and virtual events.
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Travel between BGCAZ Branches, schools and community sites is required. Must meet the insurance standards of BGC. Must meet insurance standards of BGCAZ
- Work is performed in the community as well as an office setting
- Evening or weekend hours required on an as needed basis
EXPECTATION OF EXCELLENCE
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley supports a culture of excellence in all we do and all employees are expected to reflect these values in their daily responsibilities. To be sure we meet our obligations for high performance in all areas, we organize our goals and efforts under these five Pillars of Excellence:
Every decision and action is driven to serve our youth and teens.
We thrive on collaboration and believe we can achieve greatness together.
We lead with integrity and own our actions, decisions and commitments.
We are creative problem solvers always looking to learn and improve.
We strive for energizing integration of work and home and support a healthy lifestyle to model for our Club Kids