Charter School Director
The Charter School Director oversees and organizes the operations of the K-8 Charter School with the primary concern to inspire, lead, guide and direct every member of the administrative, instructional, and support services staff in setting and achieving the highest standard of excellence, so that each student enrolled in the school may be provided with a quality education emphasizing academic success and exposure to culture and arts for each student. Ensures Mesa Arts Academy is compliant with Charter and state/federal requirements (including reporting.) The Director provides strategic and instructional leadership and will oversee management of the day-to-day operations of the school.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Leadership and management responsibilities of the Charter School Director shall extend to all activities of the school, to all phases of the educational program, to all aspects of the financial operation, and to the conduct of such other duties as may be assigned by the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley (BGCAZ) and Charter School Board. The Director will effectively work with the Grant Woods Branch staff and Management team of the BGCAZ regarding the physical facility and in providing a cooperative and healthy youth development environment for the youth. The Director may delegate these duties together with appropriate authority, but may not delegate nor relinquish ultimate responsibility for results or any portion of accountability.
- Coordinates activities with Grant Woods youth development teams
- Maintains open communication with VP of Operations and President/CEO.
- Exercises authority in problems relating to students; utilizes guidance and discipline plan.
- Attends school functions and BGCEV functions as required.
- Upholds BGCEV policies and procedures which insure the health, safety and welfare for staff and students while insuring that the organization’s liabilities are limited and appropriately managed.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Charter School staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Maintains contact with School Board, host Branch Manager and staff, and supervisor.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Charter School and BGCEV.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three to five years charter school experience preferred
- Minimum of three years experience as Director/Head of School/Principal/Assistant Principal or similar position in a nonprofit Charter School or similar experience in a public district school
- Educational Administrator / Principal Certification a plus
- Demonstrated experience in educational leadership
- Demonstrated record of success raising test scores in schools that provide outstanding student education
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership, organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities and project management; and budget management
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse staff and student population
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of Arizona Department of Education and Federal laws and regulations
- Knowledge of curriculum and educational models
- Hold a valid fingerprint clearance card
- Database and computer proficiency
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2072