AmeriCorps Project Achieve Specialist
Project Achieve Specialist
AmeriCorps Position Description:
Commitment Required: Monday –Friday 2pm- 7pm (Hours vary dependent on school calendar)
1200 or 900 contract hours total.
21-28 hours weekly for the duration of the Program year. Program year August 7th, 2023– May 31st, 2024
Purpose: This position assists Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley in making progress towards improving consistency and quality around academic success programming, which directly affects BGCAZ’s ability to provide premier out-of-school time programming.
Service Position Summary: The AmeriCorps Service Objectives for this position include: (1) providing academic support and adult connection for youth and teens; (2) data collection for the outcomes of Project Achieve. This position is supported by the, Program Director, and BGCAZ’s Program Manager-Academic Success.
- Build partnerships between families, schools and Clubs.
- Provide academic remediation and mentorship to Project Achieve participants in Reading & Math.
- Provide individual and small group mentoring for 20 to 30 minutes per service day with at least 30 hours of individualized instruction over project year.
- Monitor Project Achieve participant’s Club attendance.
- Monitor Project Achieve participant’s academic achievement, progress, and overall growth using an online platform: Edmentum
- Interact with youth ages 8-12 as a positive adult and role model.
- Must be at least 18 years old at time of service.
- Proof of US Citizenship
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to provide academic remediation to youth and/or teens.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Ability to function well in fast –paced, noisy environments.
- Desire to help and relate to youth from diverse backgrounds.
Additionally, the national service member needs to successfully complete the following:
- AmeriCorps application process, including fingerprinting – no cost for fingerprinting
- BGCAZ onboarding processes, including BGCAZ background check – no cost for background check
- BGCAZ New Hire Orientation & Project Achieve Training
AmeriCorp Program Benefits:
- Professional development & Networking opportunities
- Living allowance
- Education Award upon completion with scholarships and loan deferment on student loans
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer
Job Reference #: 2082